Sunday, February 20, 2011

long week over~

This past week seemed to go on forever, but the weekend flew by like nothing.


This is a picture of the female 45 minute drawing on Wednesday. I thought I started off pretty good, but later when Amy came by, she pointed out that I had drawn my waist and pelvic bone too small. So I fixed it, and the finished product you see here looks more anatomically correct. A tip Amy gave me, was to exaggerate the curves around the pelvic bone, so you're drawing what you know rather than drawing what you see.

On Friday, we drew a 45 minute of the male body (which I forgot to take a photo of). But that drawing took me forever to get the proportions right. At the end of the 45 minutes, all I pretty much had was the shape of the sternum/chest, legs, and the abdomen. Nothing much to show. While I looked at everyone else's around me, they had the body shape, ribcage, pelvis, pubic bone, and some muscles on their page. I felt like I moved way too slow for that drawing.

2 comments:

  1. Your drawing looks good! The muscles in the legs and around the hip bones and up to the abdomen look very believable and make your drawing look 3 D. I also felt like I didn't get much down for our friday drawing with the male model. I think for me it was because I am so use to the female model so when we do have a male model their bodies seem so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad if you think that you are drawing slowly. I draw at least half as slow as you probably do. I feel like everyone is putting their touches on their cake while I am still making the batter, metaphorically. But I felt this drawing turned out well, and now you are more the wiser for it.

    ReplyDelete