Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back from break!

We did some more gesture drawings this week, and I felt like I had already gotten rusty with my gesture drawings. I need to work more on trying to get the whole body in my gestures within the 30 seconds, because I usually spend too much time on just trying to get the spine and ribcage right. I loved working on drawing the feet the week before break, I felt like I really got the hang of drawing everything. My favorite part to draw of the feet was the malleolus, which again, is the raindrop shaped bone structure on the outside of your ankle.

This week, we learned about the Acromion Process and the summit of the shoulder, which is also known as the “high point”. The acromion process is connected to the shoulder blade part of your body and comes and wraps around your shoulder slightly. The shoulder girdle consists of your: clavicles, also known as your collar bones; scapula(e), also known as your shoulder blades; and the spine of the scapula. The scapula is located from about your 2nd to your 7th ribs, and it is about ½ the length of your ribcage.

This week, we were assigned the deltoids, the latissimus dorsi, and the pectoralis (major). The deltoids consist of: the deltoideus pars spinalis, deltoideus pars acromialis, deltoideus pars clavicularis. The pectoralis major consists of: the pars abdominalis, pars sternocostalis, and the pars clavicularis. The trapezius consists of: the pars spinalis, pars acromialis, pars clavicularis.


This is my drawing of the tibia, fibula, and the patella.

2 comments:

  1. I know how hard it is to try and get everything into the gesture drawings. As I mentioned many times I have a hard time going fast enough in my gesture drawings. However, I am no where near getting the little I put in to look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you drew your patella. Its very structured and you have a contour line that goes on top of the knee to show that it protrudes outward, which gives your drawing dimension. The way the shin bone curves also looks nice!

    ReplyDelete