Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 10

Hi guys, this week was a pretty chill week for me, I feel like I didn't do much.. I was a lazy couch potato pretty much. But onto life drawing stuff! This week we focused on the arms (triceps, biceps, forearm, etc., etc.) for our manikins. But we pretty much did long 40 minute-to an hour long drawings. I liked this a lot because it gave me a lot of time to redo things/details that I didn't like about my drawings. Some times I would draw the legs or the torso too long, and when the drawings were finished and I got to look at my "history marks", I noticed that the finished product would be like half the length of my beginning guesstimates. Oops. But Amy did say that most people look at things and think they're longer or shorter than they actually are. I loved having the longer drawings because I felt more relaxed and I didn't have to try to capture everything within 30 seconds. Even though my hour long drawings aren't very accurate, I feel sort of proud of them, just because I tried my best to get everything correct-looking and made sure that everything was relevant to one another in terms of size, space, and distance.


Here is a 50 minute drawing I drew from an angle that I don't think I've drawn from before.

Some things I learned about the hand and their technical terms!! I learned that "pollicis" means "thumb", "digitorum" means "fingers" and that "carpi" means "wrist". Yay! I feel a lot smarter than I did before!! Well, somewhat anyways. I'm guessing we're going to be focusing on the hands next week, since we got assigned various hand muscles and such. I can't wait! I feel like I have a fascination for drawing hands... sorry, that sounds kind of gross and wrong, but I just like drawing things with more form, so that I can see the way skin overlaps the bones, and the bone structure. Probably also why I liked drawing the feet too..okay, now I just sound like some kind of freak. Sorry guys, I don't mean to freak you out. Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, maybe I am just thinking in relation to my own drawing but I feel you did a great job capturing the angle of the pose, I always have trouble getting the figure right in anatomical position, let alone at a distorted angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a similar angle a while back and I think that you drew the model at this angle pretty well. The depth of perception looks good and I like how you blurred your lines. I also like how you tried to figure out the face. That part gets me because the facial features are so small in comparison with the body... maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete