Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 11

This is week 11 of life drawing class, and I really loved this week. We got to draw hands!!!! I was so ecstatic when Amy announced that we were going to start focusing on the hands this week. We got to choose if we wanted to draw the model's hands or the skeleton's hands first. I got really tired of drawing people (lol) so I chose to draw the skeleton hand first, it was really interesting for me, because I got to see every curve of the bones and could look on my own hands and see how all the bumps and curves of my hands were made. I've always loved drawing hands since I was a kid, I think it's because in my mind, anything that you can see the curve of bones on is kind of a delicate thing (I don't know, don't ask...I'm just a weird person haha). I was pretty glad that I could draw the skeleton hands so well! The human hands..not so much. My human hands had fingers that looked like pork link sausages (you know, those ones you used to eat in elementary school for breakfast). Anyways..I'm proud of some of my drawings, but yeah those ones with the sausage fingers I could have maybe worked on a little more.

This one was a quick drawing I did after I finished my skeleton one. The model's hands were placed around an upside down bowl.
I think this was a pretty good skeleton drawing, but I noticed that the fingers might be wrong (length-wise).

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed drawing the skeleton hand. Like you I chose to draw it first before I moved on to the fleshy hand of the model. For one the skeleton hand doesn't move ... ever, and secondly it helped me understand what is going on underneath the surface of the hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought that it was very helpful drawing the models hand and the skeleton hand. Sometimes its easy to forget the underlying structure of hand and just get carried away in what you are seeing. I have learned that even though you might not see some parts of the structure of the bones in the models hand it can be helpful to add a little structure even if you don't see it.

    ReplyDelete