Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week 12

This is another pretty chill week for me, not much going on in my classes right now. We drew hands again at the beginning of this week, but then we switched to drawing the skull. We didn't have a lecture about the skull first, like we usually do, but I liked it this way too, because I wouldn't have all the technical stuff in my head yet. Although Amy DID tell us that the skull is a lot bigger than what people usually think. Most people tend to cut off the cranium at the occipital lobe, which enables us to see(!!) so that's no good at all. I admit, I do that a lot because when we have hair covering our heads, we don't really see how big our skulls are. I was pretty proud of my skull drawing this week, because even though it might not be accurate, it looks pretty good? I don't know, I kept measuring and re-measuring things, so I hope that it at least looks right. I shaded the skull like how I saw it, but Amy says that we should shade according to what we know and not necessarily according to what we see because sometimes the lighting in real life can look awkward or wrong.

These are my favorite hand drawings out of all of mine, because I feel like they were the most successful. Except for one of them, which is the bottom left one, it looks LOT like a pork link sausage. I kept trying to fix it, but every time I did, it just kept looking more and more sausage-y.
This is my skull drawing, I think it looks kind of accurate? But I'm not sure because I usually measure things wrong...You can kind of see how small my original skull was.

1 comment:

  1. Although it was a different way of learning that we have been I also like trying to draw the skull first before the lecture. This way we were able to figure through it ourselves, and then have a better grasp of what was going on when Amy did give us the lecture. By the way your skull drawing is amazing, the level of detail and shadow is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete